About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Hey Dudes and Dudettes, my name is Georgina. My friends call me GiGi, George(obviously), Gina, Georgiee, DIVA and the latest is Geor-gii-naa, which very much sounds like vagina< EWW. This blog will be mainly about my love for Fashion and Beauty.But its not just about fashion. I used to work in Selfridges. After spending over a year there,I began to resent it and that's where I began searching for jobs in Fashion. I got an internship at Masha Ma studios, in grimey Seven Sisters. I met a stylist called Andrej Skok, who is a big stylist in Milan and Paris, he met me at the Masha Ma studio 3 weeks before London Fashion Week in January 2010 and he took a liking to me, took me under his wing and hired me to be his Stylist Assistant :) Ever since then, I've been priviledged to work with GQ magazine, Vogue and Marie Claire. I also work with a designer called BodyAmr,I have been able to assist in styling Cheryl Cole on X-Factor,Kylie Minougue,Florence Welch and most recently Gwentyth Paltrow for an Oscars after party. I hope you all enjoy my posts, as much as I enjoy writing them. Take care my fellow Fashionistas. Live, Love, Louboutin heels xxx

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Fashion Week- Part 1 (Masha Ma Show)

The Models getting prepared for their line up before the show

Model Signe and I back-stage, in hair and make-up


LONDON FASHION WEEK LONDON FASHION WEEK LONDON FASHION WEEK BABYYY!!

London Fashion Week kicked off in full style, with designers, celebrities, interns and all the other 'important people' attending the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Party in the Freemasons Hall in Holborn. Everyone likes to think of themselves as a 'celebrity' or they like to feel as if they are 'known', but that doesn't really interest me, all I want to do, is get my job done and make sure the overall presentation of the show goes well, as that is my job (no pressure at all right) :)

Like last season I worked for the same two designers again. Masha Ma and BodyAmr.

The Masha Ma show was on Sunday 20 February 2011. Hair and make-up was in full swing from 8am, even though the show was not scheduled to begin until 12:45 pm.

Tired was an understatement of how I was feeling that Sunday morning, the night before I was in the studio till 1am people, yes thats right 1am and I'm not even the designer.

Back stage was MANIC as usual, everyones running around, interns are looking confused, bloggers, photographers and magazine companies are shoving their cameras and mics left, right and centre and the designer is puffing 20 cigarettes to beat the nerves anddddd on top of it all, you have Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' booming in the background (headache).

As I finish steaming the clothes, I give a brief to the intern dressers who look clueless, as I tell them how to put the red skin tight boots on the models and the detail that they need to pay close attention to, when the models are actually in the clothing. As I'm a perfectionist (in fashion of course), I repeat my brief one more time, to see the confused faces, turn to nodding of heads and smiles (a positive response i hope, fingers crossed). 20 minutes after my brief and it's show-time. Masha Ma's Autumn/Winter 2011 collection is ready to be unveiled for the world to see.

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION
.


Model Victoria.S opens the Masha Ma show, wearing a long white coat, white collar attached around her neck and the FIERCE patent red knee high shoe boots
Model Jennifer is wearing red polo neck jumper, white shirt, tucked into the leather skirt and wearing matte red knee high boots.
All I can say is D.I.V.A, working the black leather dress, with the black polo neck jumper underneath, red short gloves, Swarovski crystal black collar around her neck and the matte knee high red boots
Model Signe wears the black coat, which can be worn also as a cape, with the red patent knee high boots

No comments:

Post a Comment